Remove this ad

Theta

Manticore

Lead

Dec 12 07 9:30 PM

Tags : :

Narayan suggested that we get a Welcome topic, so here it is!

Thanks Narayan.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Gil

Manticore

#2 [url]

Dec 13 07 12:06 AM

Perhaps we could introduce ourselves here too?

I'm Simon, 21 years old, applied informatics student (comp science bachelor) from Belgium

Quote    Reply   

Theta

Manticore

#3 [url]

Dec 13 07 8:56 AM

Biscuiteer wrote:
This should be set as a global topic for maximum effectiveness..

Phpbb2 Doesn't have Global Topics. There's a mod, but that's not possible on this service.

@Gil: Good Idea.

My name is Travis, I'm 17. Currently Attending High school and planing to go into Computer Science when I graduate.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 13 07 1:36 PM

OK, who really wants to know... I'm 36 years old, teaching programming in university as lector. Have played CotW more than 10 years.

Taivo is my real first name. This is neither rare nor common first name in Estonia, is not related with indoeuropean first names and does not mean anything. Therefore I like my first name.

Quote    Reply   

Theta

Manticore

#10 [url]

Dec 26 07 4:30 PM

Welcome Yowie who joined yesterday!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jan 7 08 3:07 AM

Hi, I'm Vicky, 38, NSW, Australia. I'm a research scientist. My boyfriend of the time must have downloaded Part 1 of CotW from a local BBS when it was first released - and I've been playing ever since. I know I got Part 2 as a gift a year or so later, but long ago lost it in one of the many moves one has as a student.

I was delighted to find it as freeware and continue to the whole game through about every year or so - and keep one saved but not completed game with the object of getting the best object of each class.

When I'm not working or having fun with my husband & son, I play WoW and hang around in Usenet. I'm known as Yowie there as as well.

Before I becamse a parent, i also enjoyed Roleplaying (won a few awards at local coneventions too) and reading sci-fi & fantasy but being a parent keeps me very busy :-0

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Sep 10 09 12:14 AM

Necormancy ftw

This board is one of the most mind-blowing things I have ever seen.

I played this game about 13 years ago in my family room when I was allowed ont he computer.

Earlier today, I ran across my Galaxy of Game vol. 1 disc and all the memories come rushing back, but all very vague, had to go googling to even figure out the name of the game cuz the dang disc doesn't run at all on 64 bit Vista.

Now I have been playing this game for hours and I'll probably keep playing it for a while, and it makes me smile to realize that I'm not the only person crazy enough to remember and love this game. Now I g2g because I've only ever played the shareware and I can't wait to find out what happens next.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Sep 14 09 2:56 PM

Hello,

I'm a 32 year old VB.Net programmer from Arizona (US). I remember playing Castle of the Winds on Windows 3.11 before 95 was out, so it's been a while It was one of the only shareware titles I ever purchased, well that and Doom were about it.

I've had a remake on the backburner for a few years, but have recently started work on a new vb.net engine (using DirectX). I find it very interesting looking at the other remakes out there, and I'm hoping I can actually finish mine

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jan 16 10 4:34 AM

hi,
im 23 i live in california usa. ive been playing since i was 5... i think. lol. i hope to learn how to right programs so i can make my own remake, and good luck to all how are. i hope to see your goods and test them for you

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Mar 4 10 1:12 AM

The names Matt, 21 year old Social Science and Psychology Student in College.

Living in Quebec Canada. Played this game for a long ass time started as a little kid. Problems with it on Windows 7 though.

When I move my guy up it leaves his blue spedo thing behind lol and when I move right it leaves his sword...

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Mar 5 10 7:05 PM

Yeah and I've literally tried everything to fix it, disabling every visual theme known to windows, multiple compatibility types, changing my resolution...everything.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Mar 7 10 4:56 PM

I didn't know you could install windows 3.1 on dosbox...cool I'll try.

Edit: Awsome, I got it up and running on good ole' Win3.1 which I havn't seen since my first computer, which was a black and white dell laptop.

Quote    Reply   

Gil

Manticore

#20 [url]

Mar 7 10 7:48 PM

Glad I could be of assistance

Was it a lot of work?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help