Remove this ad

Theta

Manticore

Lead

May 15 07 10:02 PM

Tags : :

Seeing as we had a thread on how to play the game, I thought I'd start up a cheat/glitch thread as well.

So post any of your findings here.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Theta

Manticore

#1 [url]

May 15 07 10:03 PM

Googl on the other forum wrote:
I've found a new way to cheat in castle which allows to rob a shop. I haven't seen it anywhere in the net and I don't know whether anyone except me knows it. Here's how to do it:

Run part two. Create new character. Choose 'phase door' and 'rune of return' as your spells (and any others). Go to the victim (a shop). While being there, choose 'spells' menu and 'phase door'. You'll be outside the shop. Look at the shop door - it contains all the stuff in that shop... (this means you can see what's inside just by pressing right mouse button) Now go to the shop once again. Cast 'rune of return' while being there. Don't exit the shop! Take your pack and put it into the free hand slot. Take your pack from the free hand slot and put it into the pack slot. Repeat this, repeat, repeat... When the message 'You are yanked... how existed!' you'll see the game screen. You are in the shop door. Press 'I' to summon inventory. Now the shop contents is yours Don't take everything because the game may crash (leave at least one item). You may take everything, but leave something other instead. You may even 'configure' the shop: put a potion to an armoury (!) etc. (donate to the shop instead of selling and take instead of buying) Please remember that cheats are for those who can't play normally - for wimps! Instead of using 'phase door' at the beginning the 'teleport' spell may be used instead.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Aug 8 07 5:25 PM

Constitution Cheat

When creating a new character, create him with minimum constitution and max out the other three. Select the magic arrow spell as one of your starters, and then simply cast it repeatedly until you're out of mana, keep casting, but watch carefully, after about 10-15 more casts (I forgot the exact number), your HP will go from red back into the positive and it is maxed out (for your level), check out the character screen to verify, this is permanent, there is no way of undoing it (besides being drained, etc...)

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Sep 22 07 9:33 AM

TheT said, that this should be in glitches. OK, let it be.

If you load the Bjarnarhaven winning game, then time will be 0:0:0. Let's imagine, that you will play two and half minutes (time 0:2:30) and reload the same Bjarnarhaven winning game. You are in starting position again, near castle gate, but the time will not be in zeros! It remained 0:2:30. But you can quit the game, start it again and reload then Bjarnarhaven winning game. Now the time will be 0:0:0 again.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 1 07 11:38 AM

Yesterday happened (not first time) the next glitch. From main menu Verbs disappeared and Activate appeared twice! I reloaded game, but the mistake remained. If I played further, then the "correct" Activate menu showed, what I can activate, but the "false" activate menu did not change at all, although it allowed to activate things. Of course, if I tried to activate from "false" activate menu a thing, which I had not in hand at the moment, then nothing happened. Alt+A opened "correct" Activate menu.

Normally disarming is Alt+V, D. If I pressed Alt+V, then no menu opened and an error beep was heared every time. But if I pressed then D, then Disarm procedure began every time!

Why this happened? I do not know exactly, but I suspect. I had quite a low constitution and I took into hand a dagger of extremly big frailness and I died due to low constitution.

Quote    Reply   

Theta

Manticore

#5 [url]

Oct 3 07 10:29 PM

Sometimes Putting things in your characters Free hand seems to let you Activate them I've noticed, this isn't always the case, it seems to also work with certain items in your belt.

I think I had a Axe in one hand, and another time I placed Bracers in my belt and it wanted to activate them, I tried in which it said "Nothing Happened."

No clue if it was some sort of special set of Bracers or what not, but it was really weird.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Oct 31 07 2:18 PM

What did you expect after activating bracers? On Activate menu there are all contents of belt and also what you have in free hand. For item in free hand there is condition, that it must be activatable, for things in belt there is no such condition. Yes, this is strange, but there is no big difference and maybe it was easier to program it that way.

If you have a belt in free hand and a lot of activatable things in it, then they will not appear in Activate menu, only items in belt in belt slot.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Feb 6 08 1:11 PM

I have another cheat for you. If you use up all your mana with an item that very strongly increases intelligence, and then take the item off, you can make your mana really strongly negative without getting hurt in the process. Ok, I'm sure you already knew that, but that's only the first step. THEN if you walk over a glyph of warding that makes you lose mana, half the time you WON'T lose mana, you'll GAIN mana - a LOT of mana. Tens of thousands of mana points. And it will even tell you 'you gain mana'. Some bug with using short integers no doubt, since I haven't seen it go over 32767, but it's usually about 20000. The only problem is, once you go up a level (or heaven forbid use an elixir of restore all mana), it sets it to the 'maximum' mana - which will probably mean going down from your godlike 20000 down to 100 or whatever it should be. So if you do this, rush down and defeat Surtur while encountering and defeating a minimal number of monsters, to avoid gaining experience and getting to the next level. eg run away from fights you could easily win (and there is no fight you couldn't win with that kind of mana).

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Oct 20 08 2:24 AM

Saving Cheat

When you have an unidentified item that can be wielded (Armor, Weapons, Rings, etc) you can save the game and equip them. If cursed, load the old save sell it for more then if you were to sell to a junk dealer.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Oct 21 08 2:03 PM

Re: Saving Cheat

HuskyGnoll wrote:
When you have an unidentified item that can be wielded (Armor, Weapons, Rings, etc) you can save the game and equip them. If cursed, load the old save sell it for more then if you were to sell to a junk dealer.

and to make more money sell only most expensive unidentified stuff:
in magic shop: first staffs, then wands and then rings and amulets (scrolls and potions sell in scroll/potions shop); in weapon shop: two handed sword; in armor shop: elven chain mail
ah, and if boots or cloaks will be normal, then dont identify them, cuz for identified normal you'll get 15 CP, and for unidentified normal you'll get 25 CP (if its possible, try to sell them in packs shop first)

btw. why you think its a cheat?

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Oct 21 08 7:06 PM

Datgunitkilla wrote:
HuskyGnoll wrote:

in magic shop: first staffs, then wands and then rings and amulets (scrolls and potions sell in scroll/potions shop); in weapon shop: two handed sword; in armor shop: elven chain mail
ah, and if boots or cloaks will be normal, then dont identify them, cuz for identified normal you'll get 15 CP, and for unidentified normal you'll get 25 CP (if its possible, try to sell them in packs shop first)

It kinda is cheating, normally you identify it by either paying a sage, cast a spell on it, or equip it. This way it wont cost you nothing to identify it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Oct 21 08 10:31 PM

HuskyGnoll wrote:
Datgunitkilla wrote:
HuskyGnoll wrote:

It kinda is cheating, normally you identify it by either paying a sage, cast a spell on it, or equip it. This way it wont cost you nothing to identify it.

Any use of save to improve your position in the game is a form of cheat - as indicated - to identify, before a shop to get an item you want, before cloning to get a good drop, and even before attacking a monster you've had trouble with. Use it to learn and get through the game, then see if you can make it through without cheats, then if you can get through without dying and in how few days.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Oct 22 08 12:24 AM

No way, you aint gon tell me, that saving is a cheat. if in this game we can save in any moment, its not a cheat, its just a good use of this option.
cheating is when u save game on nes, snes, etc. by emulator

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Oct 22 08 5:36 PM

Seriously, I'm just say saving before you equip an item to identify, not saving on a monster that is hard, is a form of cheating. (Please listen to my reason why this is a cheat)
The creator original intentions on identification was to either pay a sage, cast identify on it, or equip it and may face a consequence such as a curse in the game.
If it's not, then why did the creator put in cursed items, sages, or the spell, Identify, in the game anyway if this form of cheating was just an "advantage".

Thanks,
HuskyGnoll

PS: why are there people that defend this, do you feel embarrassed that you maybe using this cheat, it's just a game and I use it very often in this game. (as well as any game that has this)

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Oct 27 08 11:53 AM

Oops - started with listing save cheats and ended up included what a save could be used for. Drop those last two which deal with allowing only a little time lost before restarting and add saving before transmogrify.

HuskyGnoll has it correct in indicating that identifying can already be done a lot of ways. Helpful to use if you are new to the game, but it gets boring.

The other save cheats that I now have left on the list - shop, clone, and transmogrify - can be used to create a variation of the game if you choose just one and only do that. Cloning is probably the most obvious, play a game with trying to get the best stuff you can get from each cloned monster. If you have been playing on expert for a while, it can make a nice change of pace, getting you much more valuable stuff.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Oct 28 08 5:39 PM

simulationary wrote:
Oops - started with listing save cheats and ended up included what a save could be used for. Drop those last two which deal with allowing only a little time lost before restarting and add saving before transmogrify.

HuskyGnoll has it correct in indicating that identifying can already be done a lot of ways. Helpful to use if you are new to the game, but it gets boring.

The other save cheats that I now have left on the list - shop, clone, and transmogrify - can be used to create a variation of the game if you choose just one and only do that. Cloning is probably the most obvious, play a game with trying to get the best stuff you can get from each cloned monster. If you have been playing on expert for a while, it can make a nice change of pace, getting you much more valuable stuff.

I have a question about the game: What can you do when a vampire steals some of your hp's? Is there any way to restore them?

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Oct 28 08 5:49 PM

simulationary wrote:

I have a question about the game: What can you do when a vampire steals some of your hp's? Is there any way to restore them?

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Sep 24 09 1:43 PM

I don't know if you guys knew that, but trick with mana works also on HP. Use spells so many times until you'll have minus HP (if I didn't use proper words - until you'll have -1/-1 or -8/-8, etc.). Then restore all your mana and use Heal Minor Wounds (Medium, Major or Healing that doesn't make any difference, you just use more mana). You can use healing until you get about 32600 HP (then if you use healing again you'll have -32000 HP). If you have 32700 HP don't restore constitution, it might kill you.
One more thing - I remember that before using up mana, I was using cold/lighting/fire ball on myself until I was almost dead. Don't know if it was necessary, but I remember that when I tried it on low level using Magic Arrow, somehow I did the Constitution cheat instead.

Quote    Reply   

Theta

Manticore

#20 [url]

Oct 1 09 10:43 PM

I do recall reading that somewhere online about 10 years ago and always having problems with it killing me after a few minutes.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help