Remove this ad

Gil

Manticore

#21 [url]

Oct 4 06 10:43 PM

I worked on the programming a lot in the mean time and the GUI bit is coming along. I managed to get WinAPI stuff in my window, which means dialogs!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 [url]

Oct 5 06 6:12 PM

TheT wrote:
Nice, What do you call those liitle windows with in a window that you can move around? That's not a WinAPI is it?

You mean child windows? Yeah, it's a WinAPI, the main window is usually referred to as a MDI Parent Window, allowing for child windows within the main window.

Quote    Reply   

Gil

Manticore

#24 [url]

Oct 6 06 7:32 AM

I'm not sure if I will be able to get MDI to work with SDL, would be awesome though...

I'm thinking about switching languages to something that works well with WinAPI. DirectX perhaps.

The way my game is set up, it wouldn't be any bother to switch anyway...

Quote    Reply   

Theta

Manticore

#25 [url]

Oct 8 06 1:15 PM

Nova wrote:
TheT wrote:
Nice, What do you call those liitle windows with in a window that you can move around? That's not a WinAPI is it?

You mean child windows? Yeah, it's a WinAPI, the main window is usually referred to as a MDI Parent Window, allowing for child windows within the main window.

Yeah I'm going to work on that. Next step will be getting movements in VB6.

So Gil how much progress have you made?

Quote    Reply   

Gil

Manticore

#26 [url]

Oct 8 06 5:54 PM

Well, nothing so far, I'll get my butt back in gear tommorow, life's been busy...

I'm going to try and get a GUI running first, so I won't have to switch libraries later on or something crooked like that...

Quote    Reply   

Gil

Manticore

#29 [url]

Nov 5 06 5:52 PM

Naah, not yet.

I have a few ideas of how it might work. First of all, java means I can make it an applet, so you can play it online in a browser, no downloads required.

I'd use php for keeping track of who is online. When you come online and someone else is too, I create a P2P network, creating a multiplayer game. This way, there's no server needed, just a small webserver to keep track of who's online. I imagine it'd be really easy to cheat, so probably no player vs player fights.

Anyway, let's first finish a decent single player version. I've already done some small work on the GUI and it's starting to work.

I've still got very few time, so most coding is done in class...

Quote    Reply   

Gil

Manticore

#30 [url]

Jun 5 07 12:34 PM

Breakthrough!

I'm going to create a simple more pure remake first. I already completed most of a tile engine, I'll show it to you during this week.

The way it is set up it could go very fast from here to completing the game...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Gil

Manticore

#31 [url]

Jun 7 07 4:33 PM

Here's a small teaser release with low functionality. I wonder if anyone still reads these forums :/

http://www.game-designer.org/projects/cotw/Release-7Jun.rar

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Jun 7 07 5:04 PM

I do not, but thanks for the PM got me to come back. If you are still interested in having theme music and sound effects let me know, I have spent the last several months working on sounds / music for small project video games who cannot afford to have big name people do it...

Lots of fun! (Plus I updated my webpage with 12 more songs)

I recently sold a theme song to a pod cast (studiolight.net podcast) and was pretty psyched about it.

http://www.firesickle.com/

Quote    Reply   

Gil

Manticore

#33 [url]

Jun 7 07 5:14 PM

Yeah, I sent some PMs around to get people's butts back here, now that I have finished some stuff, I want people to notice.

Thanks on the music offer, I might be interested.

Quote    Reply   

Gil

Manticore

#36 [url]

Jun 7 07 5:24 PM

By then I might have a new version ready.

Music is not on the priority list though. If I add music, it'll probably be very basic ambient...

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Jun 7 07 5:34 PM

I do this style of music

Pretty much I do all styles of music, if you have an Idea chance are I can generate it (however it requires me the creator to make something and the dreamer to hear it and then comment on what is wrong and what they wanna hear)

Working like this cumbersome, however its one of my favorite ways to make music. I love to create the sounds that someone else wanted to hear, but couldnt do on their own.

http://www.firesickle.com/

Quote    Reply   

Gil

Manticore

#40 [url]

Jun 9 07 7:37 AM

Oh, you might need the .net framework, I didn't realise there's still people who don't have that out there...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5

It should have already installed through automatic updates, but you can download it there if you want...

Thanks for trying my program out...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help