Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 29 09 12:18 PM

Tags : :

See some sites that indicate 1993, but enough say 1989 that I'll believe that so

CotW is twenty years old this year.

Let's party.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Theta

Manticore

#1 [url]

Mar 31 09 5:56 PM

Wow, to think years ago most people played this game in Windows 3.1 with maybe a meg of ram, now most people play it with 2 Gigs of ram.

It would be nice to celebrate this with the release of something big.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 2 09 10:34 PM

Though it may have been updated after release the last modified dates on the source files range from February '91 to September '92. Which makes me believe the 1993 release date.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Apr 22 11 11:20 PM

Well, we're now actually approaching even the 20-year mark for '93, and still this game can suck hours of my life away as well as Baldur's Gate or Diablo... What a testament to its power!

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Apr 23 11 12:59 PM

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
Well, we're now actually approaching even the 20-year mark for '93, and still this game can suck hours of my life away as well as Baldur's Gate or Diablo... What a testament to its power!

Haven't played since my attempts at 2 harder than expert only last year. Seem to like to wait 3 years between bouts of playing so maybe in 2013 to celebrate.

Good to see you and Patashu show up yesterday.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 23 11 1:26 PM

Happy to be here. I knew there were bigger fans of this game than me, as I've never tried to port it or anything, but finding a message board is fun.

I honestly can't figure out, though, why this game hasn't been professionally ported to iOS or Android. Not only does it seem like a perfect fit, it seems like it would make a ton of money even as an ad-supported game. It could be generating money for charity if the original author doesn't want the profits...

Not complaining; just observing.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help